A multi-national, inter-disciplinary team of university teachers, researchers and consultants of rural development worked together for 3 years in the Euracademy project with the central aim to promote in a real, practical and substantial way the sustainable development processes in rural areas. They developed and piloted with great success two educational packages including Summer Academies, Distance Learning courses and publications. In this context, the project partners have decided to formally establish a non-profit membership organisation to take forward and expand the philosophy and activities of the project. The Euracademy Association was formally launched during the end-of-project conference in November 2003 in Hungary. Access the EURACADEMY ASSOCIATION STATUTES.
The core vision of the Euracademy Association is to promote capacity building in rural areas and mobilise animators and managers of rural development by offering them the opportunity to improve their skills, widen their experience, expand their professional qualifications, starting a personal itinerary of lifelong learning and providing ample space for networking and cooperation in the framework of European projects.
The Euracademy Association aims to:
- Provide a mix of different “learning resources” to the learner, via the internet, manuals, face-to-face learning in Summer Academies, practical work and networking.
- Operate a website to disseminate information about the Association and its activities, host the educational products of the Association, create a forum for debate on issues of rural development and encourage synergies among people and organisations at different levels.
- Widen the membership and build a strong network, bringing together the providers and “clients” of rural capacity building services and products.
- Organise seminars, conferences and exhibitions addressing issues relating to capacity building and sustainable rural development.
- Undertake research and studies on sustainable rural development issues, with a view of building up a body of knowledge on this theme.
- Undertake practical work on account of, or in collaboration with, national and international organisations, including the European Commission.
- Influence the process of sustainable rural development at this crucial moment of the substantial enlargement of the European Union.
The 18th Summer Academy, on the theme “Community Supported Agriculture. Commitment to Sustainable Rural Development took place from 2 to 7 September 2019 in Gyor, Hungary, and the surrounding area. View all
The 1st Online Seminar of Euracademy Association will take place in 3rd March 2021, on the theme of “Regenerative and Biodiversity Enriching Agriculture: an effective tool in facing the challenges of modern agriculture” will be held on 3rd March 2021, from 16:00 to 17:30 hours CET. View the Announcement and register here
The Thematic Guides used in the three first Summer Academies were adapted to distance learning format and uploaded in a specially constructed platform. Distance Learning Courses were run in English and other … view all
EMRA “Animation of Rural Development – A new Profession?” Interantional Conference, held in Chania, Greece, 7-9 June 2012 … view all
Euracademy is in the process of introducing a new type of activity in the form of short residential seminars to raise awareness among European citizens of rural areas … view all
Taking part in trans-national projects is an integral part of Euracademy’s activity that builds its capacity as an organisation, its expertise, its exposure across Europe, and its membership.
The past and present projects that Euracademy Association has been involved in are listed below:
Reinventing Europeans through History, Art and Cultural learning.Read More
European Masters Programme for Rural AnimatorsRead More
Network promoting e-learning for rural developmentRead More
A Network Developing a European Quality Label for Eco-tourism Destinations.Read More
Promotion of a Cultural Area Common to European Rural Communities.Read More
The Impact of LifeLong Learning policies on the inclusion of vulnerable groups (LLL-Inclusion)Read More